VW is famous for its upfront business ideology; they’ve even built an entirely transparent factory to emphasise their commitment to honesty and integrity. Here staff use brand-specific acronyms that fully highlight the company’s ethos – NBC (Nothing but Customers), SKIT (Simply Keep in Touch), and APT (A Personal Touch) to name a few. This is exactly the kind of attitude that MotorEasy itself strives to uphold.
With our VW warranty, you can look forward to excellent benefits and unstinting support; this quality of cover is more than enough to maintain your car for the long haul, as well as giving you complete peace of mind. Find out why tens of thousands of UK motorists trust MotorEasy to protect their car, with a warranty on our easily accessible system.
Why Do I Need A VW Warranty?
Our VW warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Volkswagen manufacturer warranty.
Our VW extended warranty plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not available with a standard Volkswagen manufacturer warranty
- Overheating failures
- Air conditioning issues
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Volkswagen Warranty
Having a MotorEasy VW warranty means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracks your progress and ensures work is completed to our agreed high standard
- We pay garages directly so you’re never out of pocket
- Access our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Create a free digital logbook in your MotorEasy account with useful date reminders and access to special MotorEasy discounts
- 24/7 online bookings
How Do I Get A VW extended Warranty With MotorEasy?
To get a quote or add VW warranty protection today, simply enter your reg into our car warranty quote journey. You'll have a no-obligation quote in less than 60 seconds!
Alternatively, you can call us on freephone 0800 131 0001. If you’re looking for some personal assistance with completing your car warranty query, you’ll get it at MotorEasy; you can book a callback for a convenient time or speak to us on a live chat depending on what you prefer – now that’s good honest customer service.
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Volkswagen range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. You can also opt for a VW warranty Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Volkswagen reliability: common Volkswagen repairs
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong.
Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs
- Common repairs you would be covered for with a Volkswagen warranty
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Volkswagen reliability index data:
Volkswagen Warranty FAQs
What is an extended VW warranty?
A Volkswagen extended warranty is a policy you can take out to cover your car in the case of expensive electrical & mechanical failures on your VW outside of its original warranty period (which is 3 years or 60,000 miles from new)
It comes in 2 variants:
- All component cover - which covers the cost of repairing and/or replacing the mechanical & electrical components of your vehicle that were factory-fitted if they fail during the cover period.
- Named component cover - the less expensive and therefore less comprehensive cover which serves a similar purpose to the all component cover but where fewer parts are included.
NB - You can get your car serviced at any garage that uses approved Volkswagen parts in order to satisfy those servicing guidelines.
What does a Volkswagen warranty cover?
A warranty, direct from Volkswagen, covers:
- The costs of repairing or replacing the factory-fitted mechanical & electrical components of your vehicle that have suffered sudden failure (including as a result of water ingress of a covered part) during the period of cover.
All of these claims are subject to the maximum claims limit and the terms and conditions of the specific policy. VW will also cover you for consequential failure. This means if a part that is NOT covered, impacts a part that IS covered, they will cover that cost. (A MotorEasy policy will also cover that, and for a longer period of time).
The cover comes in 2 types detailed above and your car must have less than 100,000 miles on the clock to qualify for coverage. Neither of the variants you can buy from VW covers your car for the Wear & Tear issues that your car will inevitably have as it gets older.
MotorEasy warranty covers all the same things as a Volkswagen extended waranty but with the addition of:
- wear & tear cover - not standard with a Volkswagen extended warranty
- overheating failures
- Air condiitoning issues
If you’d like to get more comprehensive cover than VW will offer you, without sizable excess fees, and with Wear & Tear included - just enter your registration number, & a few other details on our quote journey.
How long is a Volkswagen warranty?
A Volkswagen extended warranty lasts for 12 months and you can only take out cover if your car has less than 100,000 miles on the clock.
If you want 3 years of cover then a MotorEasy extended VW warranty will offer you that
While also covering your car up to 120,000 miles
And covering your car for Wear & Tear
Get more cover for longer with a MotorEasy extended VW warranty
How much does a VW extended warranty cost?
You can seemingly buy an extended VW warranty from £140 per year.
But that price is based on:
- Taking ‘named component’ cover (the cheaper & less comprehensive option)
- Only having a mileage allowance of 10,000 miles per year
- Being within 30 days of your original warranty expiration
- Having less than 60,000 miles on the clock.
- The engine size being less than 1.4L
- Choosing an excess of £250
A MotorEasy extended warranty is certainly no more expensive and usually a lot cheaper.
We’re all about honesty & transparency so we won’t hide behind enticing headlines where the majority of people have no chance of satisfying the criteria. Every car is different, and every driver is different so we’ll provide you with a price for your exact vehicle, rather than a hypothetical figure.
You’ll get a free health check included, which means your wear & tear cover can start immediately after the health check. Unlike the Volkswagen warranty which does not cover wear and tear.
In the event of a claim, you also won’t have to pay the £250 excess fee as detailed in Volkswagen’s low-cost warranty option. That’s because a MotorEasy warranty gives you the flexibility to choose a modest repair contribution of £0, £25 or £50, as a way to lower the cost of your premium.
All things considered, that means a MotorEasy warranty compared to a Volkswagen extended warranty is:
- Less expensive
- Offers more cover, notably for wear and tear
- Won’t hit you with an expensive excess fee
- Gives you more flexibility to choose a modest repair contribution to lower your premium cost
- Includes a free vehicle health check
Does Volkswagen have a 10 year warranty?
No. A Volkswagen extended warranty is for 12 months only. Your new VW came with a 3 year or 60,000 mile warranty. If you are within 30 days of that warranty expiration you can extend for a further 12 months at a time.
If you’re looking for a MotorEasy Volkswagen extended warranty - with all of its additional benefits, including:
- Wear & Tear cover
- For up to 3 years
- For cars up to 12 years
- and for up to 120,000 miles
You can get a MotorEasy Volkswagen warranty here.
Can I get a warranty on a used VW?
If you bought your used Volkswagen from a VW main dealer you’ll have received a minimum 24-month warranty under their Approved Used scheme
We can of course provide you with MotorEasy extended Volkswagen warranty cover as long as your car has fewer than 120,000 miles on the clock & is less than 12 years old.
You’ll not only get the peace of mind that comes with our more extensive warranty cover but also these additional benefits that make your life easier:
- A free digital logbook in your MotorEasy account with useful date reminders (such as service and MOT dates)and access to special MotorEasy discounts
- You're never out of pocket - We pay network garages directly
- Access our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- 24/7 online bookings
To get a quote for your Volkswagen extended warranty from MotorEasy you can either:
1. Call us free on 0800 131 0001
2. Pop your registration to get a Volkswagen extended warranty