Whilst everyone loves the security and assurance a Hyundai manufacturer’s warranty brings, it pays to shop around as you can find better protection available for less. Because they’re quite generous with its aftercare packages, finding a Hyundai warranty that’s got plenty of additional benefits tucked away in its small print can be tricky.
But don’t worry, there’s a whole host of motoring-related perks from MotorEasy that every driver should see when they come to take out a new warranty. We promise we’ve got you and your car’s best interests at heart every step of the way.
Why Do I Need A Hyundai Warranty?
Our Hyundai warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Hyundai manufacturer warranty.
Our Hyundai extended warranty plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not available with a standard Hyundai manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard including repairs or replacements directly impacted by failure
- Overheating failures
- Air conditioning issues
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Hyundai Warranty
Having a MotorEasy Hyundai warranty means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracks your progress and ensures work is completed to our agreed high standards
- We pay network garages directly so you're never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Create a free digital logbook in your MotorEasy account with useful date reminders and access to special MotorEasy discounts
- 24/7 online bookings
How Do I Get A Hyundai Warranty With MotorEasy?
MotorEasy has a straightforward process for taking out a Hyundai warranty. All you need to do is enter your car’s registration number in our quote journey and a few additional details. You’ll then be presented with several warranty choices based on the information you provided.
If you’d prefer, you can call us on 0800 131 0001. It doesn’t cost anything to give us a ring and set you straight; when it comes to your car warranty, you’ll find us perfectly willing to discuss any specific requirements you have at length. As an online motoring marketplace, MotorEasy is nothing if not thorough.
MotorEasy provides Hyundai warranties across the entire range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Hyundai reliability: common Hyundai repairs
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs
- Common repairs you would be covered for with a Hyundai warranty
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Hyundai reliability index data:
Hyundai Warranty FAQs
What does a Hyundai Warranty cover?
For the first 5 years of a vehicle's life - A Hyundai warranty direct from Hyundai covers:
- The costs of repairing or replacing the factory-fitted mechanical & electrical components of your vehicle that suffer a sudden failure during the period of cover.
Wear & tear is not covered by the Hyundai warranty.
A MotorEasy Hyundai Warranty covers all the same things as the original Hyundai warranty but with the addition of:
- Wear & tear cover - Not available with a standard Hyundai warranty
- Overheating failures
- Air conditioning issues
Can I buy a Hyundai warranty on a used Hyundai?
Not from Hyundai, no. Hyundai themselves do not provide extended warranties for used vehicles. If you bought your used Hyundai from a Hyundai main dealer you’ll have received a minimum 18-month warranty. After that, Hyundai will not sell you a warranty for a used car once it is outside of the original 5-year warranty.
However, we can of course provide you with MotorEasy extended Hyundai warranty cover as long as your car has fewer than 120,000 miles on the clock.
You’ll not only get the peace of mind that comes with our more extensive warranty cover but also these additional benefits that make your life easier:
- A free digital logbook in your MotorEasy account with useful date reminders (such as service and MOT dates) and access to special MotorEasy discounts
- Our monitored repair process tracks your progress and ensures work is completed to our agreed high standard
- You're never out of pocket - we pay network garages directly
- Access our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- 24/7 online bookings
To get a quote for your Hyundai extended warranty from MotorEasy you can either:
Call us for free on 0800 131 0001 or pop in your registration to get a Hyundai extended warranty quote
What is not covered by a Hyundai warranty?
Everything; once your car is over 5-years old. Nothing is covered by a Hyundai warranty after the fifth year.
You can’t extend your cover beyond year 5 simply because; Hyundai does not provide extended warranty cover.
Even during the initial 5-year warranty, it’s worth noting the following shortcomings:
- Air Con coverage - only 6 months or 10,000 miles
- Clutch coverage - only 2 years or 60,000 miles
- Wear & tear - is not covered
If you want a Hyundai extended warranty that WILL cover all of those things, and more, just pop your registration number into our Hyundai extended warranty quote journey and our friendly team will take care of the rest.
How does a Hyundai warranty work?
A Hyundai warranty is provided at the time you purchase the vehicle. In the UK that covers 5 years and unlimited miles. To maintain that cover you need to follow the manufacturer servicing guidelines.
NB - You can get your car serviced at any garage that uses approved Hyundai parts in order to satisfy those servicing guidelines.
Of course. Once your Hyundai is over 5 years old you’ll need to look elsewhere to cover your vehicle as Hyundai only cover the first 5 years of the vehicle's life.
What is a MotorEasy Hyundai extended warranty?
A MotorEasy extended warranty provides coverage for the cost of repairing factory-fitted mechanical and electrical parts on your car - outside of the original manufacturer warranty period. 5 years with any Hyundai bought in the UK.
There are some additional benefits with an extended Hyundai Warranty from MotorEasy:
- Wear & tear cover which you don’t get even with the original Hyundai warranty
- Coverage for vehicles up to 120,000 miles (100,000 with Hyundai warranty)
- 12, 24 or 36-month cover (Not available at all with Hyundai)
This isn’t an exhaustive list. You can see the full list here —> Hyundai extended warranty
How long is a Hyundai warranty?
Every Hyundai is sold with a 5-year unlimited mileage warranty. After your 5 years are up, you’ll need to talk to MotorEasy as Hyundai as a company do not offer extended warranties for their vehicles. If your Hyundai is running out of its original warranty cover, it’s simple and easy to get a quote from MotorEasy. Just enter your registration number to get a MotorEasy Hyundai extended warranty quote