Quality and dependability: just two key reasons why you would choose to drive a Ford. From producing only a handful of cars a day, Ford is now one of the leading names in motoring; you’d be hard pressed to find somebody who hasn’t at least sat in a Focus. And because Ford contributes to the manufacturing process of many other makes of car – Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover to name a few – its reputation and success speaks for itself.
However, there’s a good chance that (over time) some parts of your Ford will let you down, leaving you with an unexpected repair bill. This is why MotorEasy offers extended warranties for both new and used Ford cars. Check out our options and pick the plan that’s right for you.
Why Do I Need A Warranty For My Ford?
Our warranties are designed to offer the best combination of cover and value, delivering many features that aren’t available with a Ford manufacturer warranty. Our plans cover:
- Failures identified during MOTs and servicing
- Wear and tear – a feature not present in a standard Ford manufacturer warranty
- Consequential damage as standard, meaning repairs or replacements are covered when directly impacted by a failure
- Failures caused by overheating
- Air conditioning problems
Ford Reliability: A MotorEasy Study
The MotorEasy Reliability Index measures the dependability of a car, as an average of the frequency and cost of repairs for over 1,200 models. It reveals some of the hidden costs of ownership, as well as the likelihood of something going wrong. Each model is given a reliability score ranging from -100 (red), for a high frequency and/or high cost of repair, through to +100 (green), where there is a low frequency and cost of repair.
The index also includes model-specific data on:
- The typical repairs needed for each model, including the percentage of claims for engine, gearbox, electrical system, suspension, braking system and fuel system repairs.
- The average cost for each of the above types of repairs
Select from the list below to view Ford reliability index data:
The Benefits Of A MotorEasy Warranty
Having a MotorEasy warranty for your Ford means you will also have access to benefits like:
- Our monitored repair process tracking workshop progress and ensuring work is completed to agreed standards
- We pay network garages directly, meaning you are never out of pocket
- Access to our network of 10,000 garages nationwide
- Collection and delivery from your home or work
- 24/7 online booking
- Free online account area where you can create a digital logbook for your car, with access to useful reminder dates and a range of value-add discounts
MotorEasy provides warranties across the Ford range and these benefits are available for warranties on all manufacturers. Enter your registration and mileage in our quote engine to choose a plan tailored to your Ford's age and condition. You can also opt for a Lite plan, designed to pay-out in the event that your car has broken down and needs roadside recovery.
Ford Warranty Comparison: Average MotorEasy Quotes vs Manufacturer Extended Warranty
As of November 2020, MotorEasy has researched the average price of a Ford extended car warranty, and compared it with the MotorEasy equivalent to find which warranty is better value for money. The following quotes are average prices based on a 12 month MotorEasy Plan A warranty and Ford warranty with £0 excess. Prices and savings correct as of November 2020.
|Model||Age (years)||MotorEasy Warranty||Ford Warranty||Saving|
|C-Max Titanium TDCI||5||£443||£448||£5|
On average these prices could save you over £107 by choosing a MotorEasy plan A warranty than going to the manufacturer directly. These prices don’t consider MotorEasy discounts or promotions, so the savings could be even more substantial.
How Do I Get A Ford Warranty With MotorEasy?
To receive your free Ford warranty quote online today, simply head over to our quote page, where you’ll be asked to fill in your car’s registration number. All we need is a little more personal information and – hey presto! – you’ll be given an estimate.
Or if you’d prefer to speak to someone in person, you can call freephone 0800 131 0001, and we even offer you the chance to live chat with a member of our team instead. Anything to help you get the Ford warranty you’re looking for!
Recent Paid Maintenance and Repairs for Ford Cars
Despite Ford’s reputation for being a dependable make of car, sometimes mechanical and electrical faults occur, and there’s simply nothing you can do to avoid it. Although you could always get clued up on some of the most common paid repairs for Fords, so you know exactly what to look out for when choosing which MotorEasy warranty you want. As part of finding the policy that’s right for you, check out our guide below:
- Focus: We recently had one of these cars come in with gearbox and oil-related issues. The final total for all the work was £1,900, which we don’t have to tell you is a lot! Fortunately, a Ford warranty with MotorEasy can cover the costs to repair and replace damaged parts and put right such serious faults.
- Kuga: One owner’s gearbox, transmission and oil cooler, among other components, let them down - the repair came to a whopping £4,525.36! Luckily, a Ford warranty can be purchased through MotorEasy as a safeguard against these unforeseen costly repairs.
- C-Max: Our team had to rebuild the transmission in one of these models, which – with diagnostics, parts and labour included – came to an even £2,280. Such expenses are good examples of why it’s worth taking out a comprehensive warranty for your Ford with MotorEasy.
- Fiesta: Despite being one of the most popular Ford models, the Fiesta can cost quite a lot to fix if something goes wrong under the bonnet. For instance, one of these cars simply needed its 2nd gear mesh repaired, and that alone saw the owner given a bill for £1,643.10. Keep pace with your Ford by taking out a comprehensive warranty with MotorEasy.
- Tourneo Custom: A hardy, wholly dependable vehicle, repairs to any Tourneo Custom tend to come as a bit of a shock. For instance, when the deisel injectors failed in one of these models, the owner was billed £1,867.44 to get them replaced. Luckily, a Ford warranty with MotorEasy protects against these types of unexpected faults.
- Galaxy: This vehicle is more than capable of getting you from A to B, but not if an unexpected failure occurs. One model had to have its epicyclic gears and clutch worked on, which cost the owner a whopping £2,850.38. Say goodbye to unexpected repair bills with a comprehensive Ford warranty from MotorEasy.