Having your own car can help access a potential goldmine. You can top up your income by doing odd jobs and utilising your car, ideal to help you save for that summer staycation or last-minute trip abroad.
Find out how you could be making up to £3,132 a month with your car and boosting your revenue.
1. Turn your car into a moving billboard to earn up to £150 a month - by signing up for services like Adverttu, you can advertise brands on your car with vinyl stickers. Earning will vary according to your car, the type of advert and where you drive/park.
2. Rent out your driveway to earn £79 a month - you can utilise your driveway if you don’t use it to earn on average £79 a month with companies like Your Parking Space. If you live in London, you could make a whopping £216 a month. If you own an electric vehicle you can also rent out your charger to earn over £300 a month.
3. Rent your car out to earn £590 a month - A new age of working from home means not everyone needs access to their car during working hours. If you’re not always driving your car, you could rent it out and earn on average £590 per month through companies like Hiyacar. You can also use services like Car & Away and rent out your car when you’re abroad from the airport to make extra money - you’ll benefit from free airport parking and have your car valeted.
4. Deliver flyers to earn £340 - Using your car to deliver flyers can be a quick and easy way to boost your income. Just 12 hours a week could earn you £340 with DOR-2DOR.
5. Deliver food to make £469 a month - There’s an abundance of food delivery services available like JustEat, UberEats and Deliveroo. They’re great as you can work to suit your schedule. You could make £469 by working just 12 hours a week - pay is based on the number and types of delivery you make.
6. Make up to £627 delivering packages - similarly, delivering packages in your own car is easy and flexible to suit your schedule. You can also earn on average £627 a month for 12 hours of work.
7. Help people move to make £630 a month - if you're happy doing a little heavy lifting, helping people move could earn you on average £630 per month for 12 hours work a week.
8. Remove waste for an average of £756 a month - don’t mind getting your hands and car a bit dirty? Waste removal can earn you an average of £756 for 12 hours a week. Just make sure you know the rules at your local tip and don’t have to pay for disposal.
9. Rent out your classic car to earn £750 - if you’re lucky enough to have a classic or high-end motor, you can rent it out for special events like weddings, proms or even TV and films. Prices vary depending on your type of car - a Jaguar XK150 could bring you £750 a day.
10. Sell at a car boot sale to earn £345 a year - utilise your car and clear out your house by having a car boot sale a few times a year. It’ll help you declutter and bring some money in.